Need some ideas on how to promote your blog? Let me share with you 30 ways you can get your blog out there for free. Some of these may take a little work on your part but I’m sure that won’t hold you back! So, let’s dive in, get started and get to promoting.
1. Stay on a consistent schedule and write quality content on a regular basis. It doesn’t matter if you write every single day, 3 times a week or once a week. Don’t abandon your blog after a month or so because you aren’t seeing results. Stick with a schedule and add value.. It will pay off!
2. Start visiting other blogs and comment. You can learn a lot from visiting other people’s blogs and the majority of those blogs will return the favor and visit yours. You can make some really great connections and build relationships that can lead to other ventures. People who leave comments on blogs you have visited will follow you back to your blog and you can build up a good following. If you need a list to get started, visit Tristan Higbee’s Blogging Bookshelf Blog Directory.
3. Visit Blog Networks. You will find a lot of really quality blogs and bloggers in these networks. It’s another great place to find quality blogs to comment on. The top 2 that I have found are Blog Engage and Blokube.
4. Post your blog posts on your Facebook wall and tell all your friends to stop by, read your material and comment. If you haven’t created a Fan Page yet, it’s a must if you are building a business. Another great way to build your following.
5. Start tweeting on Twitter and promote your blog. Retweet other people’s post and they will return the favor. It’s another great way to build up a following. Be sure to add me as well, @adriennesmith40.
6. Blog Carnivals are another great way to get your content spread around. I have actually seen traffic from this source so it’s a great way to get your content noticed. It’s a place where people go to locate what they are searching for that they may not find otherwise.
7. Head over to YouTube and start leaving relevant comments on high traffic videos. If you have a video that relates to one you want to comment on, leave the video comment and it will bring them back to your channel. Also be sure to create some “How To” videos because people love to learn.
9. Write quality articles that help others learn and in your bio be sure to send them back to your blog.
10. Head over to Pingler and ping your blog posts and articles after they are published. Also be sure to ping your RSS feeds as well. This tells the search engines that you have brand new fresh content ready to be viewed.
11. Create a profile on Linkedin and be sure to add your blog. Spend some time there and locate business people you believe you may be able to help, start socializing with them.
12. Create free eBooks and reports. Take some of your blog posts or articles and convert them to a PDF. Include your links to your blog or offer and submit them to the free eBook sites. Powerful method!
13. Submit your blog to blog directories. This takes a little time but I have seen the results from these methods and it will build backlinks to your blog.
14. Guest posting is another way to get yourself out there and let people know who you are. It’s a great way to get backlinks as well as extra traffic to your site. Builds up credibility.
15. Social bookmark your posts but don’t forget to bookmark others as well. It can help you build a following as well as backlinks and traffic.
16. Create an RSS feed and submit that to as many RSS directories as possible. This can really help get a lot of backlinks to your blog.
17. Visit forums in your niche and start interacting. Put your blog link in your signature and send them either to your blog or a free report. Start adding value in the conversations.
18. Comment on other articles that are relevant to your niche. You can get an anshor text backlink to your blog. It really works wonders.
19. Write an eBook and include your link to your blog. Sell it for $5 on Fiverr.com. You can get some pretty good traffic from this source alone.
20. Create other free Web 2.0 properties such as a blogger blog, WP.com blog, Squidoo lens or Hubpages and write quality content. These sites have high PR rankings so it can bring traffic back to your blog. This is a great way to build backlinks to your site. Don’t promote any affiliate links, just include links back to your blog because the main purpose is to get traffic back to your main site.
21. Visit Yahoo Answers and answer some questions related to your niche. Always remember to leave relevant helpful information and then link back to your blog.
22. Post your PDF documents on Scribd or any powerpoint slides you may have.
23. Write lists posts such as this one. People like to revert back to your post and the search engines love lists.
24. Create a competition on your blog. The prizes don’t have to be huge but people enjoy competitions.
25. Create a Flickr account and post your photos. This will give credit back to you and a good photo can bring a lot of views and get used quite a bit. Also brings you lots of links.
26. Write using Google docs. It’s a really great resource and always include a link at the bottom of your article.
27. Build relationships with others and make new friends. If people like you they will refer others back to your blog. Be sure and always return the favor.
28. Advertise your services on free ads. It’s a great way to pick up clients and you never know where this can take you.
29. Interview other bloggers whether it’s an expert, other bloggers or just friends. Get their take on a particular topic and spread the word on Twitter.
30. Last but not least, leave me a comment. I’m all tapped out with fresh ideas so be sure to add to this list so that others can continue to get fresh new ideas for bringing more traffic to their blogs.