I think that guest blogging is awesome, it not only gives you the opportunity to share your point of view about a certain topic with more and more people, but also, it helps your website to gain its way into the top ten rankings of the search engines.
As a blogger the importance of landing guest posts on other sites relies in the fact that if you do it in the proper way, this could be the only strategy that you would need to make your site visible to the eyes of Google. As an online contributor you want to provide value to the community so others can take advantage of the knowledge that you have.
Let me share with you a short story: I live in Mexico and I used to work in a factory. There I met an associate of mine that experienced epilepsy seizures; she told me about her condition and how desperately she felt about it.
She was very poor and was looking for someone who could help her with treatment and medicine; that moment I recalled that one of my mentors had a site about epilepsy with very useful and relevant information about it, and great advice from experts;
So I told my associate about the website; a month later during lunch she thanked me for referring her to this source of information, she found interviews, blog posts, how to guides and great advice that helped her to reduce the severity and the frequency of the seizures.
The great thing about this story is that the owner of the website is not an expert on the field of epilepsy, but thank God that she got content and interviews form other people that actually were experts; that single fact keeps helping not only to the person on this story, but also to more people all over the world with this condition;
I think this is the great gift of the internet, and it is your responsibility as a guest poster to share content that will help real people to solve real problems, there is where the importance of guest blogging resides.
Now that you know this wonderful story let me give you five reasons about why you want to become a guest poster; and remember, giving is receiving, so make sure that you give a lot. Here is a good example of what giving can create.
It is not about you, is about sharing – 5 reasons why you want to guest post
As a guest poster I can tell you that this is a blessing for me, I have opinions and knowledge about many topics that I want to share with others; I could not do this by myself because I think that I have a lot to say, and maintain as many websites as I would like to could be very expensive and time consuming, so I thank all those webmasters who kindly accept my guest posts allowing me to share my thoughts with their readers; for me that would be the first reason to guest post: it gives me the opportunity to share and connect with others.
- Share and connect with people: as a guest poster you always want to make sure that your posts describe not only an idea but also to the person who wrote about that idea, so it is very important to leave your signature in everything you write, that it what makes it valuable; if a reader can picture an image of the person who wrote the post and thus get interested about you, that will be great. This is exactly how great bloggers gain a lot of followers, people wants to know more about them because of their ideas on a certain topic.
- Helps you build a reputation: this is especially important because it will help define who you are, and the better you are the bigger your audience is going to be, so it is very important to highlight yourself through the quality of your posts; if people sees that you genuinely help them to solve problems, that will be amazingly good for you because you will be who they will look for to solve a problem, because you can bring solutions.
- It is an opportunity to give: it is as simple as I shared in my previous story about the woman with epilepsy. If you can guest post about a sensitive topic like this, it is your duty and your dharma to do so, because you never know who in the world could get the benefits of your knowledge, and don’t worry if you don’t get paid for what people reads, because at the end of the day, if you are seen like the best, the big corporations and brands will fight their way for the opportunity to pay you, so strive to be seen like the best; the money will be a byproduct.
- Share your opinion: there are many who say that everything in life is about perspective, and you could help to a lot of people sharing an opinion about a specific issue. It is very common to discover new and easier alternatives to solve problems when we ask for help, one day you have a problem and the next day a friend or someone tells you something that changes your perspective and suddenly everything gets clear. That is exactly what you can do if you share an opinion about anything that happened to you, and thus help others to solve their own problems.
- Link building strategy: this is one of the reasons why many people do guest blogging, in fact for many people seems to be the only reason, but again this is just a byproduct of a good job. Guest blogging as a link building strategy is great because you can control the quality of the inbound links that you get for your site, and remember that everything is about quality. I’ve seen sites with hundreds or even thousands of inbound links that are buried in the search engines results pages; this happens because most of their links if not all are low quality, but guest posting is great to give high quality links to your website and thus gain traffic.
I hope you enjoyed reading this article, if you are thinking to start guest blogging this may encourage you to do a better job; if you are currently guest blogging this will help to improve your overall strategy.
What other reasons can you find to guest post? Do you see guest blogging simply as a way of building backlinks? Share with us what motivates you to create guest posts.
To your success!
Author: Jose Lozano