As per a recent study, eighty percent of all PC users are infected with spyware. What is more dangerous is that most of them do not even know so as spyware is secretly installed on their PCs.
Many a time’s individuals use their systems and internet all day and complain that their PC has slowed down. This happens when the PC falls prey to the abundant advertising pop ups and malicious code runs that is known as spyware.
Spyware is software that collects information and monitors the actions of a PC user without their knowledge. This monitoring falls under:
- Software that provides workplace or security monitoring.
- Software that is designed to collect marketing data.
- Software that is maliciously installed to violate privacy of PC users and collect information that may allow further attacks on their PCs in the form of ‘keylogging’.
- Software that is purposely installed on a shared or public computer to secretly monitor the details of other user’s.
Spyware programs enter the PC due to unavailability of efficient defensive mechanisms that can fight the entry of these malicious programs. They enter PCs when programs are downloaded from the Internet.
Some fundamentals of best spyware removal software:
- It is very difficult to detect and remove spyware, even by the best spyware removal software.
- It is safer being prevented from spyware than finding and removing it using the best spyware removal software.
- No single tool can catch all the spyware on your PC. Thus, it is important to use a combination of different best spyware removal software’s.
- All spyware removal tools have to be updated frequently. Many tools need to be updated manually.
- Mozilla Firefox is safer than Internet Explorer as a browser. Internet users are vulnerable to spyware due to its risk from ActiveX controls.
- Mac users do not need to worry right now.
- Large host files that contain IP address of spyware sites are better in defending against spyware entry.
- Many free spyware removal tools are as effective as the paid tools.
The first step in removing spyware is to use an anti – virus and anti – spyware software. Installation of such software would remove most of the infections. It is important to properly install the software and run a complete system scan to ensure the PC is clean. If this does not help, contact the anti – virus vendor and check with their customer service if they have any new products that can remove new malware and spyware that currently their software does not take in to account.
Many best spyware removal software’s offer real time protection while some only perform scheduled scans and tasks. Beware of spyware removal malicious programs like Spy – Shedder, Spy – Dawn, Antivirus 2009, Antivirus 360, etc. that claim to clean the system within minutes. However, these programs only add to the malicious content existing on your PC. Many corporates and universities are known to use network firewalls and web proxies to block web sites that are susceptible to being infected from spyware.