What is Fiverr? Probably we need a Fiverr review to explain what is Fiverr. Maybe you heard something about Fiverr but you don’t really know what is that or how to effectively use it. Fiverr is a marketplace where sellers offer their products and services starting from $5. It is used mostly by freelancers to make money online and monetize their skills and talents.
Fiverr let entepreneurs and freelancers to expand their business virtually unlimited and thousands new customers everyday. The most talented sellers can even make a living with it working from home or working for companies looking for new clients.
Fiverr gives sellers and customers a complete transaction platform (based on PayPal). They take $1 fee for every sale made and take care of the user experience. A Paypal account is required only if you sell on Fiverr. It’s not required to have a Paypal account if you are a buyer.
The ads are called GIGs, a GIG is a particular product or service you are selling, an advertisement. Now, if you have some skills in your field, if you are a talented person or if you have something to offer starting from $5, you can definitely have a try.
There are different categories you can choose from: Gifts, Graphics, Video, Online Marketing, Travel, Writing, Advertising, Music & Audio, Fun & Bizarre, Tips & Advice, Business, Technology, Programming, Other.
They recently introduced subcategories and category search, to better structure services and products and make the search more precise and comfortable.
There are 3 levels you can reach:
Level one seller: You’ve been active on the site for 30 days and completed at least 10 orders while maintaining excellent ratings and a great track record
Level two seller: You made over 50 orders in the past two months while maintaining excellent ratings and a solid track record
Top Rated seller: Top Rated Sellers are manually chosen by Fiverr editors based on criteria including: seniority, volume of sales, extremely high rating, exceptional customer care and community leadership.
In Fiverr you can also request a GIG, if you need a service you can also ask for it and your request will appear on the right sidebar and you will (probably) be contacted by sellers to satisfy your needs. I’m not explaining how to register or how to create a GIG.
With Fiverr you can definitely make money online, but there are some important things you need to consider. A lot of people fail in Fiverr because they don’t need the basics, they just register, create some GIGs and wait for someone to buy. That’s not the right way to make money with Fiverr.
If you are a novice or a seasoned Fiverr seller, you need to know how to sell there and we have prepared a collection of the best Fiverr tips to increase your orders and sales and to get more visibility, exposure and traffic.
All the tips are quite easy to implement and can make the difference in the Fiverr marketplace:
1. Provide something unique which no individuals are doing (or only a few)
2. Use an attractive title. A good and complete title tells potential customers more than you think. Don’t be too short.
3. Use the right keywords people is looking for, don’t add casual words in the title. Ex: if you are going to sell a logo design, be sure to include the right keyowords. A good title can be: i will design a killer professional stylish logo or text for your website, product or company, unlimited revisions in any file type JPG, PNG, PSD.
4. Add an attractive and original image (be unique) because it’s the first thing customers see about you. Choose a nice and professional picture.
5. You must deliver in time, that’s very important for your reputation. If you claim to deliver in 3 days, just do it in 3 days. Negative reviews are not good in Fiverr. There is an exception: if you sell a lot of GIGs, sometimes it may happens you get a negative review. Don’t worry about it and continue your professional job.
6. If you can’t deliver your order in time, send a mutual cancellation request (better) or contact the buyer and ask him if he can wait a few more time in order to get his order complete (both agree the right terms).
7. Tell people your experiences, tell everything you can (must be true of course) that makes you a professional in that field.
8. Show your work to potential buyers, add images, videos and everything can demostrates your quality work and abilities.
9. Make them an offer they can’t refuse. Offer a little bit more than competition (if there is any), that will give you a little advantage.
10. Advertise your GIGs in every place: websites, social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google+ etc.) ask your friends to like it and share. This is very important and can help in rankings.
11. Make a video with your works, add your voice (if applicable) and show to your potential clients. Add a video for every GIG you publish, this is very important. If you have a great video, you will beat the competition.
12. Fill out your profile as best as you can. Be professional and add everything can attract customers. A professional profile is very important, much more than you think and may help to grab an order.
13. Offer a sort of bonus if you get multiple orders. This is an incentive to get more orders from the same customer.
14. Be faster than light to complete your order and reply to buyers questions as fast as you can. Customers love prompt responses from sellers.
15. Capitalize some words this will help to attract eyes. For example I will design a PROFESSIONAL stylish LOGO… don’t abuse or you get the opposite.
16. Add all the possible relevant tags, this will help you a lot and let customers to find you faster and easier. You can use Google keywords Tool to get the right keywords.
17. Make sure the GIGs you are promoting get high demand. In this case you must stand out the competition and offer more. If you offer a GIG without a decent demand you will not get much sales.
18. Use proper words and avoid LOL, OMG and so on… and use the proper punctuation. This will give a professional image to clients.
19. Add all GIGs possible, don’t limit yourself to a few GIGs. Just add all GIGs you are allowed to and diversify your GIGs in different categories and sections.
Some categories that sell:
2. Online Marketing, SEO
3. Social Media, Social Networks
4. Video Marketing, testimonials
5. Article writing