Guest blogging on a blog in the same niche as your own that has higher PageRank than your own blog has provides opportunities for:
- promoting one’s own reputation as a blogger;
- and earning a backlink to your own blog.
Guest Blogger Arrangements – Admin Access
On wordpress we can make a choice of four roles for added users.
- Administrator –An administrator can do everything. Complete power over posts/pages, comments, settings, theme choice, import, users – the whole shebang. Nothing is off-limits, including deleting the entire blog.
- Editor –An editor can publish, edit, and delete any posts/pages, moderate comments, manage categories, manage tags, manage links and upload files.
- Author –An author can edit, publish and delete their posts and they can upload files.
- Contributor-A contributor can edit their posts but cannot publish. Once a contributor’s post is approved by an administrator and published, however, it may no longer be edited by the contributor.
Guest Blogger Arrangements – Email Submissions
(1) I sent anemail invitationto blogger friends, who blog on themes related to my own blogs to submitoriginal articles not found elsewhereon the subjects outlined in both of my two blog descriptions. We discussed whatsubject matterthe guest post(s) would contain and the expectedword countby email.
(2) The guest bloggersemailed their articles and accompanying imagesto me for publication.
(3) I read the submissions and where I felteditingwas required, I contacted the guest author by email and discussed the same with them.
(4) When we were both happy with the content, I copy pasted the completed article into a post. Then I undertookformatting, assigning categories and tags, and published the posts which clearly stated “by Guest author (insert name)” andtheir name was backlinked to their blog.
(5) When it came toarticle promotionboth the guest author and I jointly undertook promoting the guest post throughout the social networks we belong to.
(6) The guest authors agreed to make themselves available torespond to comments on their articles.