Blogging and writing online isn’t easy and trying to attract readers makes it all the more difficult. But successful bloggers have a few tips and tricks to share to catch their readers’ attention.
A few years ago, blogging isn’t as distinguished as they are now. Blogging has become more recognized through the years because of its earning potential. And now, aside from blogging, there are many writing sites who invite people to write and share their knowledge online. Of course, bloggers and writers alike join writing platforms or build their own websites with the hope of earning online.
Everyone who writes online is hoping they get more page views for each of their articles. More page views mean more readers. However, out of the many people who start writing online, only a handful achieves success. Most of us, however, are still struggling on how to attract readers to our sites.
Some writers are better than others. They can write more sensational articles to attract more readers to their sites. Some writers, however, can only share some useful information so random surfers can somehow stumble upon their articles. Still, others would prefer to blog and write for relatives and friends online and probably make a few more friends online. Whichever is the kind of writer you are, you know you would really appreciate it if your articles would generate more page views. However, because there are so many writers and bloggers online, our articles and blogs tend to drown from the rest of online articles and blogs. So they won’t generate as much page views as we want them to.
Successful bloggers have these tips to share for anyone who wants to catch their readers’ attention.
- Creating a specific title. Specific titles give your blogs or articles limits on the subject matter. Apparently, this is good for both bloggers and readers. It creates boundaries on the subject at hand.
- Creating appealing titles and themes. Your readers are going to visit and read your article based on their impressions. If at first glance, they are not attracted to it, it is less likely that they are even going to visit your site.
- Using a provocative title and theme is a sure way of catching readers’ attention. Provocative titles and themes almost always attract readers because they create intrigue. Some online writers, though, can be quite offensive with their titles and themes to the extent that they create intrigue at someone else’s expense. Sadly, though, this catches readers’ attention more.
- A good web design. A good web design will attract readers and encourage them to read your blog or article. Furthermore, it will encourage them to stay longer in your site.
- Quality writing. Quality writing helps generate more page views. Aside from the fact that readers appreciate a good article or blog, you can also increase your chances of search engines picking them up.
- Building readership. When readers find they want to read more about your writings, they will come back and read more of your articles in the future. So, enabling an RSS feed in your site is a must if you want more page views.
- SEO-rich contents. Search Engine Optimization or choosing the right keywords to generate more page views. However, this is not easy. It can be hard to write about specific keywords especially when you are not really that sure about what readers want to read about.
- Submitting your sites to social bookmarks. Again, this is not easy. If you submit them to social bookmarks, you have to join and participate in their community. Your sites will probably not be discovered by others if you don’t participate. Even if you participate, it is also difficult for your site to be discovered. Out of the many participants who submit articles to these sites, the chance of your webpage to be discovered is still slim.
- Forum discussions. Forum discussions are just like social bookmarks, you have to participate in their community so potential readers would know your site exists.
- Leaving comments on other people’s blogs. When you leave comments on other’s blogs, and if the site allows you to leave your URL, this can be helpful to help your site to be known by others.
Remember that even if our writings are designed to attract more readers, this does not guarantee that readers will be attracted to what we have to write about. Nor will it guarantee that our writings will be discovered by random surfers. I just hope that some of these tips can be useful.