Anyone can place ads on his blog. But we don’t all make an equal amount of money from those ads. Why is it so?
Here are 7 tips to make sure you really earn from your blog.
1. Position Matters: No matter how much you try, an ad above the fold in sidebar will perform better than one in the footer.
2. Do not Overload: More is not better! Remember this when placing ads on your blog. A lot of ads make your blog slow and readers do not like it. They visit for your content not for a page full of ads.
3. Trial and Error: Not every ad network is perfect for every blog. For some blogs text ads work better than CPM. Try different ad networks for the one that works best and stick with it. We here have tried many PPC networks and now have settled with Chitika.
4. Attract Traffic: You can not earn much unless you get good traffic. So, having good traffic is a necessity. Spend time promoting your content.
5. Know Your Readers: You must have audience in mind when you place an ad. What’s the point of placing an irrelevant ad? It’s just a waste of space (and money).
6. Stick to Reader’s Mind: Do not make your blog another one in the crowd. Brand your blog and make sure readers remember it.
7. Be Fresh: Learn to be different. If you write same things everyone else is writing, it will be difficult to find and keep readers. Mix unique articles with basics and tutorials.
What tips do you have for others? How do you make sure that ads earn for you?