eHow is a big website that pays you money for posting how-to articles. They use a formula that is easy to follow. It is free to join, and you can write about anything from how-to make a fruit salad to how-to put on your lipstick.
I will guide you through eHow step-by-step to get it running quickly, save time, and frustrations when you start out.
- Sign up for a free account.
- Sign in to your account and it will take you to your profile page.
- Tell a bit about yourself, your interest, and upload an avatar. Save your work.
- Then on your right hand, click on “Write an Article”.
- On Get Started Page, you will have to give your article a name begins with “How to”. Do not try to delete this. It is protocol.
- Below it, you will have a choice of uploading an image, or a video, and rate your article on how easy or difficult it is.
- Then write a brief introduction to your article. What do you want your readers to know how to do?
- Next to a brief introduction, you will list all the things that your readers will need to finish the task. If you are writing about a recipe, list out all ingredients, and tools to use for that recipe.
- If you are happy with this part, click on “Save and Continue” button.
- In this second part, list out the procedures for your article. What is the first step, and what is next?
- When all the steps are done in theirs order, give the readers some helpful hints to accommodate your article. If it is about a recipe, suggest what goes well with that dish, and what they can substitute for a certain ingredients.
- Below the tips section, list something that the readers should look out for. This warning could be “if you are allergic to peanuts, omit them.”
- Click Save and Continue.
- In this section, it is a little confusing. There are three boxes of category. Highlight your category in the first box, the second box, and the third box.
- Below the third box, click on “Add Category.” If you do not click on this button, you will not be able to get out of this section.
- Next, add your key words.
- If you want to add other related articles from other writers, click on Search for Related Articles. You can also skip this part; eHow will do it for you.
- Cite your sources, if you have any.
- Click Save and Continue.
This is the fun part, click Publish it, and you are done with your article. You can view it online right away, and you are also able to edit after it has been published.
eHow is easy, fast, and fun to write. You earn points for each article you published, and the points are then converted to actual cash. However, you have to drive traffic to your article on bookmarking sites, and befriend with your community. How much you will make, depend on many times your article is viewed. Happy writing!