OK – so you want to make money blogging. You’ve got a great idea for a fantastic blog – but how is anyone going to find it? Maybe you’ve already started to write your blog, but it’s nowhere to be seen when you check out the search engines.
You feel like the invisible man! And getting onto Page One of Google seems like an impossible dream. How can your little blog possibly compete with all the other millions of sites and blogs that are already ranking high?
Well listen up – here comes the good news….. You don’t have to be rich and you don’t need a degree in computer science to get your blog up there with the best of them.You definitely don’t need to pay some search engine optimization expert a fortune to do it for you! There are some simple strategies you can employ to achieve this for yourself. It’s not difficult or complicated and it needn’t cost you any money at all.
SEO Tips from the Top – Google Tells You How It’s Done!
Here are some free and easy-to-implement SEO tips from the Oracle –Matt Cuttsof Google, no less! In the video below, Matt recommends some very simple SEO strategies – tactics that won’t cost you a dime, but which will quickly help to boost your search engine rankings. Matt also dispels some myths about how much time and money it can take to get your site indexed on Google:
6 Ways to Get Your Blog Noticed by Google
- KEYWORDS! Think about what people will type into the search engine to find your site – then make sure those very same keywords are there on your page – simple! Don’t ‘stuff’ your page with keywords – just make sure they’re included naturally somewhere in the text. It’s a good idea to include them in your titles, headlines and sub-headings, too.
- TITLE TAGS are extremely important – when people are searching on Google, the Title Tag is the very first impression they will get of your site. So make sure it’s going to catch your potential customer’s eye. And keep it down to a maximum of 60 characters – this will make sure that your whole title shows up in the search engine listings.
- The DESCRIPTION TAG (sometimes called the ‘meta description’) is also very important. This is a brief description of what your page is about. It appears below the Title Tag in the search engine listings and it’s a great way to entice people to take a look at your site. Most search engines use a maximum of 160 characters for the description, so it’s best not to exceed this to make sure that it shows in full. Your Title and Description Tags need to convince people searching the web that they’ve found just what they’re looking for – so they simply won’t be able to resist clicking through to pay you a visit!
- GET BLOGGING! People will tell you that you’ve got to get lots of ‘links’ in order to get to the top of the search engines – this basically means that you need to attract lots of visitors to get links from other sites and blogs. You’ll hear about all sorts of ‘link-building’ strategies – some decidedly dodgy! But one of the best ways to do this is simply to start blogging like crazy – fill your blog with interesting content and posts that people will want to read, respond to and share. This is just about the most effective SEO strategy that you can employ.Write!Create great content!Communicate with your audience!
- USE SOCIAL MEDIA to put yourself out and about and to find and communicate with potential customers. It’s a great idea to check out forums related to your niche. Find out what your potential customers are interested in – What are they talking about? What are they looking for? …….andjoin in the conversation!
- TELL GOOGLE YOU’RE THERE! If you hop along to Google’s ‘add url’ page you can very easily submit the homepage of your website for indexing. And if you go to Google Search Console you can even submit an entire sitemap. Believe it or not, Google really does want to make it easy for you!
3 SEO Myths Dispelled!
- Getting to the top of the search engines doesn’t have to cost you a cent. Google ‘crawls’ websites for free!
- Buying advertising on Google won’t influence your search engine rankings. Google doesn’t want people to be able to buytheir way to the top of Page One!
- It won’t necessarily take months for your site to show up on Google. According to Matt Cutts, Google refreshes it’s entire index every month or so and can often find sites in weeks or even days – not months!
If you’re serious about making money from your website or blog, this is how to go about it. These simple SEO tips are FREE and EASY to implement – and they come straight from the horse’s mouth. This is Google telling you what Google wants!!So go do it – and get that blog of yours climbing up to the coveted Number One spot!