Creating an About page is a way to introduce yourself and let visitors know what kind of content to expect to read in your blog. A concise blog description on your About page will inform visitors what they can expect to find in the content and when it will be published.
- to provide visitors with essential facts need to interact with you (and/or your company),
- to give visitors context for the information found elsewhere on the site,
- to differentiate your blog (and/or your company) from others like it, and
- to give visitors a reason (several reasons, ideally) for doing whatever it is you want them to do
- to provide contact information.
Who are you and what’s the blog about?
Your About page could be as simple as a brief description of who you are and what your purpose for the blog is. It’s up to you to decide how much personal information you want to share, and whether or not to post a photo of yourself, but don’t forget to let your personality shine through the text on your About page. It’s the blogger’s ability to promote their content that creates traffic flow, and it’s theircommunity buildingability that determines the blog’s success. Write in an engaging style so visitors know you want
- to be heard;
- to connect;
- to receive comments;
- to enter into discussion;
- to form relationships;
- to build a blog centered community.
Optimize About Page Content
Now let’s consider building and promoting your online presence. Does yourblog promotion strategyinclude a strong web presence? It should. Google is known to make up to 400 algorithm changes annually so having some basic knowledge of the major changes will inform a discussion about a site’s presence and ranking on the web.
You can expect to be ‘googled’. When your name (brand, key words and phrases) are is googled, you want links to your blog to that the reader sees in the SERPS (search engine page results). What will searching reveal? Or not reveal?